One of the biggest blessings for me is to receive mail here in Kenya! It is a sweet reminder of people back home who are praying for me and supporting me from afar. I would LOVE to hear from you!
I’ve also had many people ask if they could send me any items that I want or am needing. So, after asking MANY people and seeing what I can/can’t find in stores, here is a list of some items I would love to get. Many are items I can’t get here and some are just too expensive to buy. I will try to update this from time to time, so make sure and check back!
- cards (thank you cards, birthday, blank, etc)
- Ziplock bags
- Scrapbook Paper pads
- gift bags/tissue paper
- craft supplies (stickers, stencils, etc)
- band-aids (the school relies on people visiting for this because they are too expensive to buy here)
- vinyl wall clings to decorate
- Command hooks (mostly small to medium sizes) and picture hanging strips
- Ranch/Italian dressing packets
- Crystal Light/Kool-Aid drink mixes for student gatherings
- Muffin Mixes
- Easy “meals” for drop-in student visitors or busy days: mac and cheese, boxed meals, boxed flavored rice, etc
- Chocolate Chips
- Garlic Salt
- Christmas: this is very me-specific, but I am regretting not bringing more because Christmas is such a special time for me! The few ornaments I brought didn’t make it but I am hoping I can glue them back together.
- lights (they are very expensive here)
- small ornaments
- small Holiday decorations
- Holiday crafts
- small toys (like party favors) for class rewards
- hot glue gun and sticks
- poster-hanging sticky strips
A few notes: padded envelopes are best and cheaper than boxes. They will also get here fairly quickly (around two weeks) and have a better chance of not being opened.
Thank you so much! 🙂